Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 2:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 02:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.78 meters/second, 1565.2 km/hour, 972.6 miles/hour or 845.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||South||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.4"||972.37 mi||West||0° 08' 03.1"||9.23 mi||South||972.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 39.2"||753.67 mi||East||3° 32' 39.7"||243.65 mi||South||797.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sana||Tue 5:10 AM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||WNW|
|Aden||Tue 5:10 AM||246 km||153 miles||133 nm||SSW|
|Ta'izz||Tue 5:10 AM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||WSW|
|Al Mukalla||Tue 5:10 AM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||E|
|Al Hudaydah||Tue 5:10 AM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||W|
|Assab||Tue 5:10 AM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||WSW|
|Obock||Tue 5:10 AM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||SW|
|Djibouti||Tue 5:10 AM||479 km||298 miles||259 nm||SW|
|Tadjoura||Tue 5:10 AM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||SW|
|Berbera||Tue 5:10 AM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.