Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 3:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 03:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.15 meters/second, 1566.6 kilometres/hour, 973.4 miles/hour or 845.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.16 mi||South||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 47.2"||973.21 mi||West||0° 08' 09.2"||9.34 mi||South||973.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 30.4"||754.15 mi||East||3° 34' 57.3"||246.27 mi||South||798.62 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Al-Fashir||Tue 6:34 AM||111 km||69 miles||60 nm||SSW|
|Al-Ubayyid||Tue 6:34 AM||485 km||302 miles||262 nm||ESE|
|Fada||Tue 4:34 AM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||WNW|
|Abéché||Tue 4:34 AM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||W|
|Birao||Tue 4:34 AM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||SW|
|Khartoum||Tue 6:34 AM||722 km||449 miles||390 nm||E|
|Wau||Tue 6:34 AM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||SSE|
|Faya-Largeau||Tue 4:34 AM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||WNW|
|Malakal||Tue 6:34 AM||830 km||516 miles||448 nm||SE|
|Bria||Tue 4:34 AM||977 km||607 miles||528 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.