Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 8:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 08:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.45 meters/second, 1571.2 km/hour, 976.3 miles/hour or 848.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.6"||976.11 mi||West||0° 08' 30.2"||9.74 mi||South||976.46 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 10.8"||755.99 mi||East||3° 42' 41.4"||255.12 mi||South||803.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Tue 5:24 AM||1318 km||819 miles||711 nm||SW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 5:24 AM||1482 km||921 miles||800 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Tue 4:24 AM||1660 km||1031 miles||896 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Tue 4:24 AM||1702 km||1058 miles||919 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Tue 5:24 AM||1748 km||1086 miles||944 nm||SSW|
|Castries||Tue 4:24 AM||1803 km||1120 miles||973 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 4:24 AM||1811 km||1126 miles||978 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Tue 4:24 AM||1833 km||1139 miles||990 nm||W|
|Roseau||Tue 4:24 AM||1848 km||1148 miles||998 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 4:24 AM||1890 km||1174 miles||1021 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.