Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 08:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 08:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.54 meters/second, 1571.6 km/hour, 976.5 miles/hour or 848.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.28 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||south||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.7"||976.39 mi||west||0° 08' 31.7"||9.77 mi||south||976.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 10.1"||756.19 mi||east||3° 43' 14.6"||255.77 mi||south||803.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Tue 5:44 AM||1026 km||637 miles||554 nm||SSW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 5:44 AM||1080 km||671 miles||583 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Tue 4:44 AM||1106 km||688 miles||597 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Tue 4:44 AM||1227 km||762 miles||662 nm||SW|
|Castries||Tue 4:44 AM||1250 km||777 miles||675 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 4:44 AM||1261 km||784 miles||681 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Tue 4:44 AM||1280 km||795 miles||691 nm||W|
|Roseau||Tue 4:44 AM||1301 km||808 miles||702 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 4:44 AM||1348 km||837 miles||728 nm||WNW|
|Saint George's||Tue 4:44 AM||1351 km||840 miles||730 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.