Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 8:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 08:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.54 meters/second, 1571.5 km/hour, 976.5 miles/hour or 848.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.7"||976.31 mi||West||0° 08' 31.7"||9.77 mi||South||976.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 10.1"||756.13 mi||East||3° 43' 12.7"||255.72 mi||South||803.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Tue 5:44 AM||1036 km||644 miles||559 nm||SSW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 5:44 AM||1097 km||682 miles||593 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Tue 4:44 AM||1136 km||706 miles||613 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Tue 4:44 AM||1250 km||777 miles||675 nm||SW|
|Castries||Tue 4:44 AM||1280 km||795 miles||691 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 4:44 AM||1290 km||802 miles||697 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Tue 4:44 AM||1309 km||813 miles||707 nm||W|
|Roseau||Tue 4:44 AM||1330 km||826 miles||718 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 4:44 AM||1376 km||855 miles||743 nm||WNW|
|Saint George's||Tue 4:44 AM||1380 km||858 miles||745 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.