Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 9:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.65 meters/second, 1571.9 km/hour, 976.8 miles/hour or 848.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.28 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.8"||976.57 mi||West||0° 08' 33.5"||9.81 mi||South||976.91 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 09.4"||756.31 mi||East||3° 43' 53.5"||256.49 mi||South||803.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Tue 5:10 AM||456 km||284 miles||246 nm||W|
|Vieux Fort||Tue 5:10 AM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||W|
|Castries||Tue 5:10 AM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 5:10 AM||616 km||383 miles||332 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Tue 5:10 AM||629 km||391 miles||339 nm||W|
|Scarborough||Tue 5:10 AM||638 km||397 miles||345 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Tue 5:10 AM||664 km||413 miles||359 nm||WNW|
|Saint George's||Tue 5:10 AM||708 km||440 miles||382 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Tue 5:10 AM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||WNW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 5:10 AM||723 km||449 miles||390 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.