Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 09:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.66 meters/second, 1572.0 km/hour, 976.8 miles/hour or 848.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.28 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||south||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.8"||976.65 mi||west||0° 08' 33.5"||9.81 mi||south||976.99 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 09.3"||756.37 mi||east||3° 43' 55.2"||256.54 mi||south||803.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Tue 5:10 AM||427 km||266 miles||231 nm||W|
|Vieux Fort||Tue 5:10 AM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||W|
|Castries||Tue 5:10 AM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 5:10 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Tue 5:10 AM||599 km||372 miles||324 nm||W|
|Scarborough||Tue 5:10 AM||612 km||380 miles||330 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Tue 5:10 AM||636 km||395 miles||344 nm||WNW|
|Saint George's||Tue 5:10 AM||680 km||422 miles||367 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Tue 5:10 AM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||WNW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 5:10 AM||696 km||432 miles||376 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.