Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 12:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 12:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.55 meters/second, 1575.2 km/hour, 978.8 miles/hour or 850.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.1"||978.59 mi||West||0° 08' 47.7"||10.08 mi||South||978.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 07.8"||757.82 mi||East||3° 49' 07.5"||262.48 mi||South||807.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco||Tue 6:34 AM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||NE|
|Colima||Tue 6:34 AM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||N|
|Puerto Vallarta||Tue 6:34 AM||821 km||510 miles||443 nm||N|
|Guadalajara||Tue 6:34 AM||842 km||523 miles||454 nm||N|
|Mexico City||Tue 6:34 AM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||NE|
|Leon||Tue 6:34 AM||939 km||584 miles||507 nm||NNE|
|Ecatepec||Tue 6:34 AM||939 km||584 miles||507 nm||NE|
|Puebla||Tue 6:34 AM||961 km||597 miles||519 nm||NE|
|Santa María Huatulco||Tue 6:34 AM||964 km||599 miles||521 nm||ENE|
|Oaxaca||Tue 6:34 AM||972 km||604 miles||525 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.