Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 15:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 15:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.34 meters/second, 1578.0 km/hour, 980.5 miles/hour or 852.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.34 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||south||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.9"||980.35 mi||west||0° 09' 00.1"||10.31 mi||south||980.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 14.0"||759.29 mi||east||3° 53' 37.4"||267.62 mi||south||810.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Tue 5:34 AM||1378 km||856 miles||744 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:34 AM||1553 km||965 miles||838 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Tue 5:34 AM||3352 km||2083 miles||1810 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:34 AM||3392 km||2108 miles||1831 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Tue 4:34 AM||3454 km||2146 miles||1865 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:34 AM||3512 km||2182 miles||1896 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Tue 7:34 AM||3786 km||2353 miles||2045 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Tue 7:34 AM||3857 km||2397 miles||2083 nm||NE|
|Apia *||Wed 5:34 AM||3908 km||2428 miles||2110 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 5:34 AM||3959 km||2460 miles||2137 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.