Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 3:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 15:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.38 meters/second, 1578.2 km/hour, 980.6 miles/hour or 852.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.34 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.0"||980.45 mi||West||0° 09' 00.8"||10.33 mi||South||980.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 14.4"||759.37 mi||East||3° 53' 52.1"||267.91 mi||South||810.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Tue 5:44 AM||1206 km||749 miles||651 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:44 AM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:44 AM||3149 km||1957 miles||1700 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Tue 4:44 AM||3241 km||2014 miles||1750 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:44 AM||3321 km||2063 miles||1793 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Tue 5:44 AM||3350 km||2082 miles||1809 nm||S|
|Apia *||Wed 5:44 AM||3735 km||2321 miles||2017 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 5:44 AM||3881 km||2412 miles||2096 nm||SSW|
|San Francisco||Tue 7:44 AM||3957 km||2459 miles||2137 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Tue 7:44 AM||4054 km||2519 miles||2189 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.