Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 19:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 19:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.37 meters/second, 1581.7 km/hour, 982.8 miles/hour or 854.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.38 mi||west||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||south||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.6"||982.67 mi||west||0° 09' 16.2"||10.62 mi||south||983.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 33.9"||761.45 mi||east||3° 59' 27.4"||274.30 mi||south||814.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Wed 6:34 AM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||SE|
|Saipan||Wed 5:34 AM||870 km||541 miles||470 nm||WNW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 5:34 AM||925 km||575 miles||499 nm||W|
|Wake Island||Wed 7:34 AM||1646 km||1023 miles||889 nm||ENE|
|Majuro||Wed 7:34 AM||2055 km||1277 miles||1109 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Wed 7:34 AM||2068 km||1285 miles||1117 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Wed 4:34 AM||2097 km||1303 miles||1132 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Wed 4:34 AM||2130 km||1323 miles||1150 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 5:34 AM||2478 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 7:34 AM||2491 km||1548 miles||1345 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.