Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 8:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 20:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.52 meters/second, 1582.3 km/hour, 983.2 miles/hour or 854.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.7"||983.00 mi||West||0° 09' 18.4"||10.66 mi||South||983.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 38.0"||761.78 mi||East||4° 00' 16.9"||275.24 mi||South||814.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Wed 6:10 AM||157 km||98 miles||85 nm||N|
|Saipan||Wed 6:10 AM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||NNE|
|Colonia||Wed 6:10 AM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||WSW|
|Weno||Wed 6:10 AM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Wed 5:10 AM||1216 km||756 miles||657 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Wed 7:10 AM||1582 km||983 miles||854 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Wed 5:10 AM||1674 km||1040 miles||904 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Wed 5:10 AM||1852 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 6:10 AM||2394 km||1488 miles||1293 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Wed 8:10 AM||2481 km||1542 miles||1340 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.