Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 20:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 20:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.52 meters/second, 1582.3 km/hour, 983.2 miles/hour or 854.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.39 mi||west||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||south||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.7"||983.00 mi||west||0° 09' 18.4"||10.66 mi||south||983.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 38.0"||761.78 mi||east||4° 00' 16.9"||275.24 mi||south||814.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Wed 6:10 AM||157 km||98 miles||85 nm||N|
|Saipan||Wed 6:10 AM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||NNE|
|Melekeok||Wed 5:10 AM||1216 km||756 miles||657 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Wed 7:10 AM||1582 km||983 miles||854 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Wed 5:10 AM||1674 km||1040 miles||904 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Wed 5:10 AM||1852 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 6:10 AM||2394 km||1488 miles||1293 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Wed 8:10 AM||2481 km||1542 miles||1340 nm||ENE|
|Manado||Wed 4:10 AM||2485 km||1544 miles||1342 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Wed 4:10 AM||2583 km||1605 miles||1395 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.