Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 23:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 23:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.38 meters/second, 1585.4 km/hour, 985.1 miles/hour or 856.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.42 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||south||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 53.0"||985.00 mi||west||0° 09' 31.9"||10.92 mi||south||985.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 08.3"||763.89 mi||east||4° 05' 05.5"||280.76 mi||south||818.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Blair||Wed 5:06 AM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||W|
|Dawei||Wed 6:06 AM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||NE|
|Phuket||Wed 6:36 AM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||SE|
|Yangon||Wed 6:06 AM||606 km||376 miles||327 nm||NNE|
|Mawlamyine||Wed 6:06 AM||643 km||399 miles||347 nm||NNE|
|Banda Aceh||Wed 6:36 AM||664 km||413 miles||359 nm||S|
|Bangkok||Wed 6:36 AM||690 km||429 miles||373 nm||ENE|
|Nakhon Sawan||Wed 6:36 AM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||NE|
|Hat Yai||Wed 6:36 AM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||SE|
|Nakhon Ratchasima||Wed 6:36 AM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.