Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 00:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 440.66 meters/second, 1586.4 kilometres/hour, 985.7 miles/hour or 856.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.9"||985.57 mi||West||0° 09' 36.2"||11.00 mi||South||985.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 20.7"||764.57 mi||East||4° 06' 39.1"||282.53 mi||South||819.61 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Erode||Wed 6:16 AM||16 km||10 miles||9 nm||W|
|Namakkal||Wed 6:16 AM||35 km||22 miles||19 nm||ESE|
|Salem||Wed 6:16 AM||47 km||29 miles||26 nm||NE|
|Karur||Wed 6:16 AM||47 km||29 miles||26 nm||SSE|
|Yercaud||Wed 6:16 AM||61 km||38 miles||33 nm||NE|
|Dharapuram||Wed 6:16 AM||76 km||47 miles||41 nm||SSW|
|Dharmapuri||Wed 6:16 AM||94 km||58 miles||51 nm||NNE|
|Coimbatore||Wed 6:16 AM||104 km||65 miles||56 nm||WSW|
|Tiruchirappalli||Wed 6:16 AM||107 km||66 miles||58 nm||ESE|
|Dindigul||Wed 6:16 AM||108 km||67 miles||58 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.