Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.86 meters/second, 1587.1 km/hour, 986.2 miles/hour or 857.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.9"||986.00 mi||West||0° 09' 39.3"||11.06 mi||South||986.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 30.1"||765.08 mi||East||4° 07' 43.8"||283.76 mi||South||820.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kulhudhuffushi||Wed 6:34 AM||906 km||563 miles||489 nm||ESE|
|Mangaluru||Wed 7:04 AM||953 km||592 miles||515 nm||ENE|
|Mumbai||Wed 7:04 AM||1112 km||691 miles||600 nm||NE|
|Male||Wed 6:34 AM||1117 km||694 miles||603 nm||SE|
|Pune||Wed 7:04 AM||1151 km||715 miles||621 nm||NE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Wed 7:04 AM||1212 km||753 miles||654 nm||ESE|
|Bengaluru||Wed 7:04 AM||1247 km||775 miles||673 nm||E|
|Anantapur||Wed 7:04 AM||1290 km||801 miles||696 nm||ENE|
|Madurai||Wed 7:04 AM||1307 km||812 miles||706 nm||E|
|Surat||Wed 7:04 AM||1308 km||813 miles||706 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.