Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 1:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 01:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.86 meters/second, 1587.1 km/hour, 986.2 miles/hour or 857.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.9"||986.02 mi||West||0° 09' 39.4"||11.06 mi||South||986.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 30.7"||765.11 mi||East||4° 07' 46.5"||283.81 mi||South||820.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kulhudhuffushi||Wed 6:36 AM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||ESE|
|Mangaluru||Wed 7:06 AM||1005 km||625 miles||543 nm||ENE|
|Mumbai||Wed 7:06 AM||1146 km||712 miles||619 nm||NE|
|Male||Wed 6:36 AM||1155 km||718 miles||624 nm||SE|
|Pune||Wed 7:06 AM||1189 km||739 miles||642 nm||NE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Wed 7:06 AM||1263 km||785 miles||682 nm||ESE|
|Bengaluru||Wed 7:06 AM||1299 km||807 miles||702 nm||E|
|Surat||Wed 7:06 AM||1337 km||831 miles||722 nm||NNE|
|Anantapur||Wed 7:06 AM||1340 km||833 miles||724 nm||ENE|
|Madurai||Wed 7:06 AM||1359 km||845 miles||734 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.