Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 2:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 02:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.14 meters/second, 1588.1 km/hour, 986.8 miles/hour or 857.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.7"||986.64 mi||West||0° 09' 43.6"||11.14 mi||South||986.97 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 45.0"||765.85 mi||East||4° 09' 17.0"||285.53 mi||South||821.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bosaso||Wed 5:44 AM||32 km||20 miles||17 nm||NNW|
|Al Mukalla||Wed 5:44 AM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||N|
|Berbera||Wed 5:44 AM||472 km||294 miles||255 nm||W|
|Aden||Wed 5:44 AM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||WNW|
|Galkayo||Wed 5:44 AM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||SSW|
|Hadibu||Wed 5:44 AM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||ENE|
|Hargeisa||Wed 5:44 AM||595 km||369 miles||321 nm||WSW|
|Ta'izz||Wed 5:44 AM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||WNW|
|Obock||Wed 5:44 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||W|
|Djibouti||Wed 5:44 AM||674 km||419 miles||364 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.