Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 6:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 06:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.05 meters/second, 1591.4 km/hour, 988.8 miles/hour or 859.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||South||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.0"||988.68 mi||West||0° 09' 57.7"||11.41 mi||South||989.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 43.7"||768.56 mi||East||4° 14' 17.5"||291.26 mi||South||826.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sikasso||Wed 6:36 AM||168 km||105 miles||91 nm||NE|
|Korhogo||Wed 6:36 AM||173 km||107 miles||93 nm||SE|
|Koutiala||Wed 6:36 AM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||NE|
|Bamako||Wed 6:36 AM||277 km||172 miles||150 nm||NNW|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Wed 6:36 AM||299 km||186 miles||161 nm||ENE|
|Man||Wed 6:36 AM||337 km||209 miles||182 nm||SSW|
|Dabakala||Wed 6:36 AM||352 km||218 miles||190 nm||SE|
|Nzérékoré||Wed 6:36 AM||360 km||224 miles||194 nm||SW|
|Bouaké||Wed 6:36 AM||362 km||225 miles||195 nm||SE|
|Daloa||Wed 6:36 AM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.