Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 3:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 15:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.00 meters/second, 1598.4 km/hour, 993.2 miles/hour or 863.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 48.3"||993.06 mi||West||0° 10' 28.4"||12.00 mi||South||993.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 56.9"||775.67 mi||East||4° 24' 58.4"||303.47 mi||South||836.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 5:32 AM||2412 km||1499 miles||1303 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Wed 5:32 AM||2653 km||1648 miles||1432 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Wed 5:32 AM||3244 km||2016 miles||1752 nm||SSW|
|Los Angeles||Wed 7:32 AM||3368 km||2093 miles||1818 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Wed 8:32 AM||3499 km||2174 miles||1889 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Wed 7:32 AM||3509 km||2181 miles||1895 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Wed 8:32 AM||3714 km||2308 miles||2005 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas||Wed 7:32 AM||3726 km||2315 miles||2012 nm||NNE|
|Adamstown||Wed 7:32 AM||3822 km||2375 miles||2064 nm||S|
|Rarotonga||Wed 5:32 AM||4177 km||2596 miles||2256 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.