Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 8:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.98 meters/second, 1601.9 km/hour, 995.4 miles/hour or 865.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.8"||995.27 mi||West||0° 10' 44.4"||12.30 mi||South||995.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 23.5"||780.24 mi||East||4° 30' 24.7"||309.69 mi||South||842.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weno||Thu 6:34 AM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||ESE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 6:34 AM||848 km||527 miles||458 nm||NW|
|Palikir||Thu 7:34 AM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||E|
|Saipan||Thu 6:34 AM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||NNW|
|Jayapura||Thu 5:34 AM||1567 km||974 miles||846 nm||SW|
|Melekeok||Thu 5:34 AM||1715 km||1065 miles||926 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Thu 6:34 AM||1956 km||1215 miles||1056 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Thu 5:34 AM||2037 km||1266 miles||1100 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Thu 8:34 AM||2085 km||1296 miles||1126 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Thu 8:34 AM||2175 km||1352 miles||1175 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.