Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 2:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 02:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.02 meters/second, 1605.7 km/hour, 997.7 miles/hour or 867.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 39.3"||997.59 mi||West||0° 11' 01.8"||12.63 mi||South||997.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 51.5"||786.10 mi||East||4° 36' 13.0"||316.33 mi||South||850.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kulhudhuffushi||Thu 7:28 AM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||E|
|Male||Thu 7:28 AM||1049 km||652 miles||566 nm||ESE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Thu 7:58 AM||1391 km||864 miles||751 nm||E|
|Madurai||Thu 7:58 AM||1542 km||958 miles||832 nm||ENE|
|Bengaluru||Thu 7:58 AM||1586 km||986 miles||856 nm||ENE|
|Mumbai||Thu 7:58 AM||1612 km||1002 miles||871 nm||NNE|
|Victoria||Thu 6:28 AM||1620 km||1007 miles||875 nm||SW|
|Pune||Thu 7:58 AM||1640 km||1019 miles||885 nm||NE|
|Colombo||Thu 7:58 AM||1703 km||1058 miles||920 nm||E|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Thu 7:58 AM||1710 km||1063 miles||923 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.