Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 9:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 09:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.06 meters/second, 1609.4 km/hour, 1000.0 miles/hour or 869.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.7"||999.91 mi||West||0° 11' 20.7"||12.99 mi||South||1000.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 51.1"||793.79 mi||East||4° 42' 14.9"||323.23 mi||South||859.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Thu 6:28 AM||1043 km||648 miles||563 nm||S|
|Belém||Thu 6:28 AM||1472 km||915 miles||795 nm||WSW|
|Recife||Thu 6:28 AM||1534 km||953 miles||828 nm||S|
|Cayenne||Thu 6:28 AM||1674 km||1040 miles||904 nm||W|
|Praia||Thu 8:28 AM||1821 km||1132 miles||983 nm||NE|
|Paramaribo||Thu 6:28 AM||1985 km||1234 miles||1072 nm||W|
|Salvador||Thu 6:28 AM||2061 km||1280 miles||1113 nm||S|
|Georgetown||Thu 5:28 AM||2319 km||1441 miles||1252 nm||W|
|Dakar||Thu 9:28 AM||2389 km||1484 miles||1290 nm||ENE|
|Banjul||Thu 9:28 AM||2427 km||1508 miles||1311 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.