Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 14:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 14:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.66 meters/second, 1611.6 km/hour, 1001.4 miles/hour or 870.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||south||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 23.2"||1001.26 mi||west||0° 11' 32.8"||13.22 mi||south||1001.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 01.3"||799.77 mi||east||4° 45' 57.1"||327.46 mi||south||865.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco||Thu 8:28 AM||1730 km||1075 miles||934 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara||Thu 8:28 AM||1906 km||1185 miles||1029 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Thu 8:28 AM||2006 km||1247 miles||1083 nm||NE|
|Aguascalientes||Thu 8:28 AM||2070 km||1286 miles||1118 nm||NNE|
|Mazatlan||Thu 7:28 AM||2087 km||1297 miles||1127 nm||N|
|Veracruz||Thu 8:28 AM||2190 km||1361 miles||1182 nm||NE|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 8:28 AM||2336 km||1452 miles||1261 nm||ESE|
|Guatemala||Thu 8:28 AM||2388 km||1484 miles||1289 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Thu 8:28 AM||2479 km||1541 miles||1339 nm||ENE|
|Belmopan||Thu 8:28 AM||2689 km||1671 miles||1452 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.