Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 7:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 32%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 19:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.13 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.4 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 14.4"||1002.33 mi||West||0° 11' 43.8"||13.43 mi||South||1002.53 mi|
|24 hours||348° 19' 17.6"||806.14 mi||West||4° 49' 06.7"||331.07 mi||South||872.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Fri 7:28 AM||562 km||349 miles||304 nm||WSW|
|Tabiteuea||Fri 7:28 AM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||SSW|
|Howland Island||Thu 7:28 AM||726 km||451 miles||392 nm||ESE|
|Baker Island||Thu 7:28 AM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Fri 7:28 AM||778 km||483 miles||420 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Fri 7:28 AM||1269 km||789 miles||685 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 7:28 AM||1363 km||847 miles||736 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Fri 8:28 AM||1910 km||1187 miles||1031 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Fri 7:28 AM||2091 km||1300 miles||1129 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Fri 6:28 AM||2175 km||1352 miles||1175 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.