Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 19:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 32%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 19:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.13 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.4 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||south||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 14.4"||1002.40 mi||west||0° 11' 43.8"||13.43 mi||south||1002.60 mi|
|24 hours||348° 19' 16.5"||806.22 mi||west||4° 49' 07.3"||331.11 mi||south||872.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Fri 7:28 AM||535 km||333 miles||289 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Fri 7:28 AM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 7:28 AM||797 km||495 miles||430 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Fri 7:28 AM||1241 km||771 miles||670 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 7:28 AM||1367 km||849 miles||738 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Fri 8:28 AM||1927 km||1198 miles||1041 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Fri 7:28 AM||2075 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Fri 6:28 AM||2145 km||1333 miles||1158 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 9:28 AM||2285 km||1420 miles||1234 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Fri 6:28 AM||2406 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.