Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 8:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 32%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 20:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.21 meters/second, 1613.6 km/hour, 1002.6 miles/hour or 871.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.4"||1002.51 mi||West||0° 11' 45.8"||13.47 mi||South||1002.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 42.1"||807.46 mi||East||4° 49' 40.5"||331.72 mi||South||873.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tofol||Fri 7:28 AM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||N|
|Yaren||Fri 8:28 AM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||SE|
|Kolonia||Fri 7:28 AM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||NW|
|Palikir||Fri 7:28 AM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Fri 8:28 AM||1010 km||628 miles||545 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Fri 8:28 AM||1135 km||705 miles||613 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Fri 7:28 AM||1469 km||913 miles||793 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Fri 8:28 AM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Fri 8:28 AM||2235 km||1389 miles||1207 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 6:28 AM||2264 km||1407 miles||1223 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.