Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 20:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 32%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 20:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.21 meters/second, 1613.6 km/hour, 1002.6 miles/hour or 871.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||south||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.4"||1002.51 mi||west||0° 11' 45.9"||13.47 mi||south||1002.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 43.3"||807.48 mi||east||4° 49' 41.2"||331.73 mi||south||874.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tofol||Fri 7:28 AM||206 km||128 miles||111 nm||N|
|Kolonia||Fri 7:28 AM||631 km||392 miles||341 nm||NW|
|Palikir||Fri 7:28 AM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Fri 8:28 AM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Fri 8:28 AM||1022 km||635 miles||552 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Fri 8:28 AM||1165 km||724 miles||629 nm||E|
|Honiara||Fri 7:28 AM||1462 km||908 miles||789 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Fri 8:28 AM||1798 km||1117 miles||971 nm||NNE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 6:28 AM||2241 km||1393 miles||1210 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Fri 8:28 AM||2261 km||1405 miles||1221 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.