Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 8:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 32%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 20:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.23 meters/second, 1613.6 km/hour, 1002.7 miles/hour or 871.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.2"||1002.53 mi||West||0° 11' 46.2"||13.48 mi||South||1002.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 52.2"||807.68 mi||East||4° 49' 46.2"||331.83 mi||South||874.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Fri 7:38 AM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||NW|
|Kolonia||Fri 7:38 AM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Fri 8:38 AM||833 km||518 miles||450 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Fri 8:38 AM||1262 km||784 miles||682 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Fri 8:38 AM||1399 km||869 miles||756 nm||E|
|Honiara||Fri 7:38 AM||1427 km||887 miles||771 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Fri 8:38 AM||1870 km||1162 miles||1010 nm||NNE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 6:38 AM||2061 km||1281 miles||1113 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Fri 6:38 AM||2063 km||1282 miles||1114 nm||WNW|
|Jayapura||Fri 5:38 AM||2309 km||1435 miles||1247 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.