Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 9:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 21:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.29 meters/second, 1613.8 km/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.5"||1002.67 mi||West||0° 11' 47.7"||13.51 mi||South||1002.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 43.3"||808.79 mi||East||4° 50' 13.0"||332.34 mi||South||875.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weno||Fri 7:28 AM||592 km||368 miles||319 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Fri 6:28 AM||1080 km||671 miles||583 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Fri 8:28 AM||1145 km||712 miles||618 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 7:28 AM||1198 km||745 miles||647 nm||NNW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 7:28 AM||1417 km||881 miles||765 nm||S|
|Melekeok||Fri 6:28 AM||1604 km||997 miles||866 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Fri 6:28 AM||1669 km||1037 miles||901 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Fri 8:28 AM||1898 km||1179 miles||1025 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 9:28 AM||2095 km||1302 miles||1131 nm||ESE|
|Cairns||Fri 7:28 AM||2256 km||1402 miles||1218 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.