Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 21:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 21:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.29 meters/second, 1613.8 km/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||south||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.5"||1002.67 mi||west||0° 11' 47.9"||13.51 mi||south||1002.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 44.4"||808.82 mi||east||4° 50' 13.7"||332.35 mi||south||875.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Fri 6:28 AM||1055 km||656 miles||570 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Fri 8:28 AM||1174 km||729 miles||634 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 7:28 AM||1189 km||739 miles||642 nm||NNW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 7:28 AM||1414 km||879 miles||764 nm||S|
|Melekeok||Fri 6:28 AM||1576 km||979 miles||851 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Fri 6:28 AM||1640 km||1019 miles||886 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Fri 8:28 AM||1918 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 9:28 AM||2124 km||1320 miles||1147 nm||E|
|Cairns||Fri 7:28 AM||2252 km||1399 miles||1216 nm||S|
|Majuro||Fri 9:28 AM||2583 km||1605 miles||1395 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.