Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 9:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 21:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.29 meters/second, 1613.9 km/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.4"||1002.68 mi||West||0° 11' 48.0"||13.51 mi||South||1002.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 47.4"||808.88 mi||East||4° 50' 15.1"||332.38 mi||South||875.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Fri 6:32 AM||994 km||618 miles||537 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Fri 7:32 AM||1167 km||725 miles||630 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Fri 8:32 AM||1247 km||775 miles||673 nm||ENE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 7:32 AM||1409 km||875 miles||761 nm||S|
|Melekeok||Fri 6:32 AM||1503 km||934 miles||811 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Fri 6:32 AM||1566 km||973 miles||845 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Fri 8:32 AM||1970 km||1224 miles||1064 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 9:32 AM||2201 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||E|
|Cairns||Fri 7:32 AM||2243 km||1394 miles||1211 nm||S|
|Manado||Fri 5:32 AM||2530 km||1572 miles||1366 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.