Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 9, 2012 at 1:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 9, 2012 at 01:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.51 meters/second, 1614.6 kilometres/hour, 1003.3 miles/hour or 871.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.0"||1003.17 mi||West||0° 11' 54.7"||13.64 mi||South||1003.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 46' 38.2"||813.83 mi||East||4° 51' 59.9"||334.38 mi||South||880.37 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Banda Aceh||Fri 8:08 AM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||N|
|Medan||Fri 8:08 AM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||ENE|
|Pematangsiantar||Fri 8:08 AM||427 km||265 miles||230 nm||E|
|George Town||Fri 9:08 AM||646 km||401 miles||349 nm||ENE|
|Phuket||Fri 8:08 AM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||NNE|
|Ipoh||Fri 9:08 AM||690 km||429 miles||372 nm||ENE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 9:08 AM||720 km||448 miles||389 nm||E|
|Johor Bahru||Fri 9:08 AM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||E|
|Singapore||Fri 9:08 AM||968 km||601 miles||523 nm||E|
|Batam||Fri 8:08 AM||985 km||612 miles||532 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.