Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 9, 2012 at 2:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 9, 2012 at 02:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.58 meters/second, 1614.9 km/hour, 1003.4 miles/hour or 872.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.6"||1003.33 mi||West||0° 11' 57.3"||13.69 mi||South||1003.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 48' 19.2"||815.94 mi||East||4° 52' 38.1"||335.11 mi||South||882.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Male||Fri 7:38 AM||210 km||131 miles||113 nm||N|
|Addu City||Fri 7:38 AM||329 km||205 miles||178 nm||S|
|Kulhudhuffushi||Fri 7:38 AM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||N|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Fri 8:08 AM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||NNE|
|Colombo||Fri 8:08 AM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||NE|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Fri 8:08 AM||878 km||546 miles||474 nm||NE|
|Kandy||Fri 8:08 AM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||NE|
|Madurai||Fri 8:08 AM||990 km||615 miles||534 nm||NNE|
|Diego Garcia||Fri 8:38 AM||1065 km||662 miles||575 nm||S|
|Bengaluru||Fri 8:08 AM||1266 km||786 miles||683 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.