Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 9, 2012 at 7:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 27%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 9, 2012 at 07:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.72 meters/second, 1615.4 km/hour, 1003.8 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.7"||1003.64 mi||West||0° 12' 04.5"||13.83 mi||South||1003.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 51.3"||822.74 mi||East||4° 54' 14.9"||336.96 mi||South||888.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Tomé||Fri 7:18 AM||157 km||98 miles||85 nm||SE|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Fri 7:18 AM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||E|
|Port Harcourt||Fri 8:18 AM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||NNE|
|Port-Gentil||Fri 8:18 AM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||SE|
|Libreville||Fri 8:18 AM||427 km||266 miles||231 nm||ESE|
|Malabo||Fri 8:18 AM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||NE|
|Bata||Fri 8:18 AM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||E|
|Uyo||Fri 8:18 AM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||NNE|
|Owerri||Fri 8:18 AM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||NNE|
|Douala||Fri 8:18 AM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.