Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 9, 2012 at 8:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 27%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 9, 2012 at 08:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.73 meters/second, 1615.4 kilometres/hour, 1003.8 miles/hour or 872.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.6"||1003.66 mi||West||0° 12' 05.7"||13.85 mi||South||1003.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 53.6"||823.99 mi||East||4° 54' 28.5"||337.22 mi||South||890.06 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Harper||Fri 8:08 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||NNW|
|San Pédro||Fri 8:08 AM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||N|
|Divo||Fri 8:08 AM||527 km||327 miles||285 nm||NNE|
|Abidjan||Fri 8:08 AM||527 km||328 miles||285 nm||NNE|
|Daloa||Fri 8:08 AM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||N|
|Yamoussoukro||Fri 8:08 AM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||N|
|Gbarnga||Fri 8:08 AM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||NNW|
|Bouaké||Fri 8:08 AM||736 km||457 miles||397 nm||NNE|
|Kakata||Fri 8:08 AM||740 km||460 miles||399 nm||NW|
|Monrovia||Fri 8:08 AM||753 km||468 miles||407 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.