Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 9, 2012 at 09:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 9, 2012 at 09:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.74 meters/second, 1615.5 km/hour, 1003.8 miles/hour or 872.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||south||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.1"||1003.68 mi||west||0° 12' 07.5"||13.89 mi||south||1003.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 56' 36.2"||826.03 mi||east||4° 54' 48.5"||337.60 mi||south||891.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Fri 7:28 AM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||SW|
|Recife||Fri 6:28 AM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||SW|
|Fortaleza||Fri 6:28 AM||1493 km||928 miles||806 nm||WSW|
|Praia||Fri 8:28 AM||1574 km||978 miles||850 nm||N|
|Freetown||Fri 9:28 AM||1643 km||1021 miles||887 nm||ENE|
|Conakry||Fri 9:28 AM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||NE|
|Bissau||Fri 9:28 AM||1670 km||1038 miles||902 nm||NE|
|Banjul||Fri 9:28 AM||1732 km||1076 miles||935 nm||NE|
|Monrovia||Fri 9:28 AM||1789 km||1111 miles||966 nm||ENE|
|Dakar||Fri 9:28 AM||1790 km||1112 miles||967 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.