Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 9, 2012 at 1:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 25%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 9, 2012 at 13:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.70 meters/second, 1615.3 km/hour, 1003.7 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 12.1"||0.23 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 32.3"||1003.60 mi||West||0° 12' 12.3"||13.98 mi||South||1003.69 mi|
|24 hours||12° 01' 51.8"||832.20 mi||East||4° 55' 29.8"||338.39 mi||South||897.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Portoviejo||Fri 8:28 AM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||ESE|
|Esmeraldas||Fri 8:28 AM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||ENE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 8:28 AM||500 km||311 miles||270 nm||ESE|
|Santo Domingo (Ecuador)||Fri 8:28 AM||512 km||318 miles||276 nm||E|
|Quito||Fri 8:28 AM||585 km||363 miles||316 nm||E|
|Ambato||Fri 8:28 AM||590 km||367 miles||319 nm||ESE|
|Cuenca||Fri 8:28 AM||623 km||387 miles||337 nm||ESE|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 7:28 AM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||W|
|Loja||Fri 8:28 AM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||SE|
|Cali||Fri 8:28 AM||886 km||551 miles||479 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.