Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 9, 2012 at 14:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 9, 2012 at 14:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.69 meters/second, 1615.3 km/hour, 1003.7 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 12.1"||0.23 mi||south||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 30.4"||1003.56 mi||west||0° 12' 13.0"||13.99 mi||south||1003.65 mi|
|24 hours||12° 02' 46.6"||833.25 mi||east||4° 55' 34.2"||338.47 mi||south||898.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 8:08 AM||437 km||271 miles||236 nm||ESE|
|San Jose||Fri 8:08 AM||1513 km||940 miles||817 nm||NE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 9:08 AM||1525 km||947 miles||823 nm||E|
|Managua||Fri 8:08 AM||1563 km||971 miles||844 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Fri 8:08 AM||1590 km||988 miles||858 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Fri 8:08 AM||1610 km||1000 miles||869 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 8:08 AM||1652 km||1026 miles||892 nm||N|
|Quito||Fri 9:08 AM||1662 km||1033 miles||897 nm||E|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 8:08 AM||1705 km||1059 miles||920 nm||NNE|
|Panama||Fri 9:08 AM||1837 km||1142 miles||992 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.