Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 9, 2012 at 2:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 9, 2012 at 14:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.68 meters/second, 1615.3 km/hour, 1003.7 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 12.1"||0.23 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 29.9"||1003.55 mi||West||0° 12' 13.1"||13.99 mi||South||1003.64 mi|
|24 hours||12° 03' 00.3"||833.51 mi||East||4° 55' 35.0"||338.49 mi||South||898.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 8:18 AM||701 km||436 miles||379 nm||E|
|San Salvador||Fri 8:18 AM||1691 km||1050 miles||913 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Fri 8:18 AM||1703 km||1058 miles||920 nm||NNE|
|San Jose||Fri 8:18 AM||1710 km||1062 miles||923 nm||NE|
|Managua||Fri 8:18 AM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Fri 8:18 AM||1726 km||1073 miles||932 nm||NNE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 9:18 AM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||E|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 8:18 AM||1834 km||1139 miles||990 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco||Fri 8:18 AM||1925 km||1196 miles||1039 nm||NNW|
|Quito||Fri 9:18 AM||1930 km||1199 miles||1042 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.