Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 9, 2012 at 3:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 9, 2012 at 15:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.65 meters/second, 1615.1 km/hour, 1003.6 miles/hour or 872.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 12.1"||0.23 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 26.4"||1003.47 mi||West||0° 12' 14.4"||14.02 mi||South||1003.55 mi|
|24 hours||12° 04' 43.2"||835.48 mi||East||4° 55' 40.7"||338.60 mi||South||900.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco||Fri 9:32 AM||2435 km||1513 miles||1315 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara||Fri 9:32 AM||2583 km||1605 miles||1395 nm||NNE|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 9:32 AM||2688 km||1670 miles||1451 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Fri 9:32 AM||2705 km||1681 miles||1460 nm||NE|
|Easter Island *||Fri 10:32 AM||2998 km||1863 miles||1619 nm||S|
|Guatemala||Fri 9:32 AM||3043 km||1891 miles||1643 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Fri 9:32 AM||3119 km||1938 miles||1684 nm||ENE|
|Adamstown||Fri 7:32 AM||3255 km||2022 miles||1757 nm||SSW|
|Hermosillo||Fri 8:32 AM||3269 km||2031 miles||1765 nm||N|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 9:32 AM||3331 km||2070 miles||1799 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.