Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 9, 2012 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.52 meters/second, 1614.7 km/hour, 1003.3 miles/hour or 871.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 12.2"||0.23 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 17.6"||1003.19 mi||West||0° 12' 16.9"||14.06 mi||South||1003.26 mi|
|24 hours||12° 08' 52.6"||840.18 mi||East||4° 55' 43.8"||338.66 mi||South||904.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 8:26 AM||352 km||218 miles||190 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 7:26 AM||1944 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Fri 8:26 AM||1961 km||1218 miles||1059 nm||SSE|
|Apia *||Sat 8:26 AM||2265 km||1408 miles||1223 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 8:26 AM||2288 km||1422 miles||1236 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 6:26 AM||2304 km||1432 miles||1244 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Fri 8:26 AM||2469 km||1534 miles||1333 nm||N|
|Alofi||Fri 7:26 AM||2529 km||1571 miles||1366 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sat 6:26 AM||2895 km||1799 miles||1563 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 7:26 AM||3072 km||1909 miles||1659 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.