Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 9, 2012 at 7:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 9, 2012 at 19:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.47 meters/second, 1614.5 km/hour, 1003.2 miles/hour or 871.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 12.2"||0.23 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 14.4"||1003.06 mi||West||0° 12' 17.6"||14.08 mi||South||1003.12 mi|
|24 hours||12° 10' 24.0"||841.88 mi||East||4° 55' 41.1"||338.61 mi||South||905.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kanton Island||Sat 8:28 AM||210 km||130 miles||113 nm||SSW|
|Rawaki||Sat 8:28 AM||287 km||178 miles||155 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 7:28 AM||649 km||403 miles||350 nm||WNW|
|Howland Island||Fri 7:28 AM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||WNW|
|Atafu||Sat 8:28 AM||842 km||523 miles||454 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 8:28 AM||912 km||567 miles||492 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sat 7:28 AM||1378 km||856 miles||744 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Sat 9:28 AM||1409 km||876 miles||761 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Sat 9:28 AM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Sat 7:28 AM||1825 km||1134 miles||986 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.