Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 9, 2012 at 8:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 9, 2012 at 20:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.42 meters/second, 1614.3 km/hour, 1003.1 miles/hour or 871.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 12.2"||0.23 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 11.9"||1002.95 mi||West||0° 12' 18.1"||14.09 mi||South||1003.00 mi|
|24 hours||347° 48' 21.3"||843.25 mi||West||4° 55' 37.7"||338.55 mi||South||906.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Sat 8:18 AM||548 km||340 miles||296 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Fri 8:18 AM||732 km||455 miles||395 nm||ENE|
|Funafuti||Sat 8:18 AM||831 km||516 miles||449 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Sat 8:18 AM||1125 km||699 miles||608 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Sat 8:18 AM||1138 km||707 miles||614 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 9:18 AM||1571 km||976 miles||848 nm||SE|
|Apia *||Sat 10:18 AM||1849 km||1149 miles||998 nm||SE|
|Suva *||Sat 9:18 AM||1868 km||1161 miles||1008 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Sat 7:18 AM||2058 km||1279 miles||1111 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Sat 7:18 AM||2102 km||1306 miles||1135 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.