Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 9, 2012 at 20:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 9, 2012 at 20:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.40 meters/second, 1614.3 km/hour, 1003.1 miles/hour or 871.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 12.2"||0.23 mi||south||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 11.3"||1002.99 mi||west||0° 12' 18.2"||14.09 mi||south||1003.04 mi|
|24 hours||347° 48' 04.6"||843.62 mi||west||4° 55' 36.7"||338.56 mi||south||907.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Sat 8:28 AM||344 km||213 miles||186 nm||NNW|
|Yaren||Sat 8:28 AM||841 km||522 miles||454 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 8:28 AM||955 km||593 miles||516 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Sat 8:28 AM||1005 km||624 miles||543 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Fri 8:28 AM||1026 km||638 miles||554 nm||E|
|Fakaofo||Sat 9:28 AM||1819 km||1130 miles||982 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Sat 7:28 AM||1836 km||1141 miles||991 nm||WSW|
|Suva *||Sat 9:28 AM||1909 km||1186 miles||1031 nm||SSE|
|Port Vila||Sat 7:28 AM||1933 km||1201 miles||1044 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Sat 7:28 AM||2024 km||1258 miles||1093 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.