Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 9, 2012 at 8:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 9, 2012 at 20:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.39 meters/second, 1614.2 kilometres/hour, 1003.0 miles/hour or 871.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 12.2"||0.23 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 10.8"||1002.90 mi||West||0° 12' 18.3"||14.09 mi||South||1002.95 mi|
|24 hours||347° 47' 51.3"||843.81 mi||West||4° 55' 36.0"||338.52 mi||South||907.41 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tabiteuea||Sat 8:38 AM||275 km||171 miles||148 nm||E|
|Tarawa||Sat 8:38 AM||318 km||198 miles||172 nm||NNE|
|Yaren||Sat 8:38 AM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||W|
|Majuro||Sat 8:38 AM||941 km||585 miles||508 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Sat 8:38 AM||1101 km||684 miles||595 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Fri 8:38 AM||1263 km||785 miles||682 nm||E|
|Honiara||Sat 7:38 AM||1630 km||1013 miles||880 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sat 7:38 AM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||WNW|
|Port Vila||Sat 7:38 AM||1862 km||1157 miles||1006 nm||SSW|
|Suva *||Sat 9:38 AM||1972 km||1226 miles||1065 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.