Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 9, 2012 at 21:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 9, 2012 at 21:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.34 meters/second, 1614.0 km/hour, 1002.9 miles/hour or 871.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 12.2"||0.23 mi||south||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 08.1"||1002.84 mi||west||0° 12' 18.8"||14.10 mi||south||1002.89 mi|
|24 hours||12° 13' 25.9"||845.29 mi||east||4° 55' 30.6"||338.44 mi||south||908.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arawa||Sat 7:28 AM||709 km||441 miles||383 nm||SW|
|Buka||Sat 7:28 AM||725 km||450 miles||391 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Sat 9:28 AM||786 km||488 miles||424 nm||E|
|Gizo||Sat 8:28 AM||802 km||498 miles||433 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Sat 8:28 AM||872 km||542 miles||471 nm||S|
|Palikir||Sat 8:28 AM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Sat 9:28 AM||1492 km||927 miles||805 nm||ENE|
|Majuro||Sat 9:28 AM||1579 km||981 miles||852 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 7:28 AM||1660 km||1031 miles||896 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Sat 8:28 AM||2012 km||1250 miles||1087 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.