Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 9, 2012 at 9:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 9, 2012 at 21:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.34 meters/second, 1614.0 km/hour, 1002.9 miles/hour or 871.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.2"||0.23 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 08.1"||1002.77 mi||West||0° 12' 18.8"||14.10 mi||South||1002.82 mi|
|24 hours||12° 13' 24.3"||845.20 mi||East||4° 55' 30.8"||338.42 mi||South||908.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arawa||Sat 7:28 AM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Sat 9:28 AM||757 km||470 miles||409 nm||E|
|Gizo||Sat 8:28 AM||816 km||507 miles||440 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Sat 8:28 AM||873 km||543 miles||471 nm||S|
|Palikir||Sat 8:28 AM||962 km||598 miles||520 nm||NNW|
|Kolonia||Sat 8:28 AM||966 km||600 miles||521 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Sat 9:28 AM||1462 km||909 miles||790 nm||ENE|
|Majuro||Sat 9:28 AM||1567 km||974 miles||846 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 7:28 AM||1685 km||1047 miles||910 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Sat 8:28 AM||2000 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.