Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 08:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 08:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.21 meters/second, 1610.0 km/hour, 1000.4 miles/hour or 869.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.67 mi||west||0° 00' 12.2"||0.24 mi||south||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 30.1"||1000.24 mi||west||0° 12' 20.7"||14.14 mi||south||1000.22 mi|
|24 hours||12° 31' 00.1"||863.92 mi||east||4° 52' 22.9"||334.86 mi||south||923.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Tomé||Sat 8:18 AM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||NE|
|Port-Gentil||Sat 9:18 AM||712 km||442 miles||384 nm||ENE|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Sat 8:18 AM||765 km||475 miles||413 nm||NE|
|Libreville||Sat 9:18 AM||840 km||522 miles||454 nm||ENE|
|Bata||Sat 9:18 AM||965 km||600 miles||521 nm||NE|
|Pointe-Noire||Sat 9:18 AM||976 km||607 miles||527 nm||E|
|Cabinda||Sat 9:18 AM||1024 km||636 miles||553 nm||ESE|
|Malabo||Sat 9:18 AM||1043 km||648 miles||563 nm||NE|
|Accra||Sat 8:18 AM||1095 km||680 miles||591 nm||NNW|
|Lome||Sat 8:18 AM||1115 km||693 miles||602 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.