Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 12:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 12:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.59 meters/second, 1607.7 km/hour, 999.0 miles/hour or 868.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 12.2"||0.24 mi||south||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 14.0"||998.91 mi||west||0° 12' 19.1"||14.11 mi||south||998.86 mi|
|24 hours||12° 38' 17.9"||871.43 mi||east||4° 50' 09.0"||332.33 mi||south||928.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santarém||Sat 9:26 AM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||NE|
|Manaus||Sat 8:26 AM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||WNW|
|Belém||Sat 9:26 AM||1012 km||629 miles||546 nm||ENE|
|Paramaribo||Sat 9:26 AM||1173 km||729 miles||633 nm||N|
|Cayenne||Sat 9:26 AM||1178 km||732 miles||636 nm||NNE|
|Georgetown||Sat 8:26 AM||1271 km||790 miles||686 nm||N|
|Rio Branco||Sat 8:26 AM||1331 km||827 miles||719 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia *||Sat 10:26 AM||1590 km||988 miles||858 nm||SE|
|Port of Spain||Sat 8:26 AM||1761 km||1094 miles||951 nm||NNW|
|La Paz||Sat 8:26 AM||1789 km||1111 miles||966 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.