Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 20:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 20:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.09 meters/second, 1602.3 km/hour, 995.6 miles/hour or 865.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.59 mi||west||0° 00' 12.1"||0.23 mi||south||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 40.6"||995.55 mi||west||0° 12' 12.1"||13.98 mi||south||995.45 mi|
|24 hours||12° 53' 10.6"||886.11 mi||east||4° 44' 05.3"||325.42 mi||south||939.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Sun 9:28 AM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Sun 9:28 AM||416 km||259 miles||225 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Sat 8:28 AM||793 km||493 miles||428 nm||NNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sun 10:28 AM||836 km||520 miles||452 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sun 8:28 AM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 10:28 AM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||SSE|
|Pago Pago||Sat 9:28 AM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||SSE|
|Alofi||Sat 9:28 AM||1463 km||909 miles||790 nm||SSE|
|Suva *||Sun 9:28 AM||1587 km||986 miles||857 nm||SSW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 9:28 AM||1657 km||1030 miles||895 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.