Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 8:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 20:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.10 meters/second, 1602.4 km/hour, 995.7 miles/hour or 865.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 12.1"||0.23 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 40.7"||995.49 mi||West||0° 12' 12.1"||13.98 mi||South||995.39 mi|
|24 hours||12° 53' 08.6"||886.01 mi||East||4° 44' 06.3"||325.41 mi||South||939.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Atafu||Sun 9:28 AM||260 km||162 miles||141 nm||SSE|
|Rawaki||Sun 9:28 AM||386 km||240 miles||209 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Sun 9:28 AM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||SSE|
|Kanton Island||Sun 9:28 AM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Sat 8:28 AM||806 km||501 miles||435 nm||NNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sun 10:28 AM||833 km||517 miles||450 nm||S|
|Mata-Utu||Sun 8:28 AM||848 km||527 miles||458 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Sun 10:28 AM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||S|
|Howland Island||Sat 8:28 AM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||NNW|
|Funafuti||Sun 8:28 AM||886 km||550 miles||478 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.