Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 12:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 00:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.22 meters/second, 1599.2 km/hour, 993.7 miles/hour or 863.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||South||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 23.0"||993.52 mi||West||0° 12' 06.6"||13.87 mi||South||993.40 mi|
|24 hours||13° 00' 48.8"||893.34 mi||East||4° 40' 14.0"||320.99 mi||South||944.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baucau||Sun 9:26 AM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||WSW|
|Ambon||Sun 9:26 AM||399 km||248 miles||216 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sun 9:26 AM||460 km||286 miles||249 nm||WSW|
|Same||Sun 9:26 AM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||WSW|
|Suai||Sun 9:26 AM||527 km||328 miles||285 nm||WSW|
|Darwin||Sun 9:56 AM||616 km||383 miles||332 nm||SSE|
|Kupang||Sun 8:26 AM||733 km||456 miles||396 nm||WSW|
|Kendari||Sun 8:26 AM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Sun 9:26 AM||854 km||531 miles||461 nm||NE|
|Ende||Sun 8:26 AM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.