Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 00:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 00:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.22 meters/second, 1599.2 km/hour, 993.7 miles/hour or 863.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.56 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||south||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 23.0"||993.51 mi||west||0° 12' 06.6"||13.87 mi||south||993.39 mi|
|24 hours||13° 00' 50.9"||893.37 mi||east||4° 40' 13.0"||320.97 mi||south||944.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baucau||Sun 9:26 AM||340 km||212 miles||184 nm||WSW|
|Ambon||Sun 9:26 AM||390 km||242 miles||211 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sun 9:26 AM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||WSW|
|Same||Sun 9:26 AM||447 km||278 miles||241 nm||WSW|
|Suai||Sun 9:26 AM||501 km||311 miles||271 nm||WSW|
|Darwin||Sun 9:56 AM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||SSE|
|Kupang||Sun 8:26 AM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||WSW|
|Kendari||Sun 8:26 AM||816 km||507 miles||440 nm||WNW|
|Ende||Sun 8:26 AM||854 km||531 miles||461 nm||WSW|
|Manokwari||Sun 9:26 AM||872 km||542 miles||471 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.