Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 12:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 12:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.20 meters/second, 1588.3 km/hour, 986.9 miles/hour or 857.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 28.1"||986.72 mi||West||0° 11' 42.6"||13.41 mi||South||986.53 mi|
|24 hours||13° 24' 08.8"||914.70 mi||East||4° 25' 24.8"||304.06 mi||South||957.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Garanhuns||Sun 9:02 AM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||ENE|
|Aracaju||Sun 9:02 AM||219 km||136 miles||118 nm||SE|
|Maceió||Sun 9:02 AM||287 km||178 miles||155 nm||E|
|Salvador||Sun 9:02 AM||399 km||248 miles||216 nm||S|
|Recife||Sun 9:02 AM||405 km||252 miles||219 nm||ENE|
|Natal||Sun 9:02 AM||524 km||326 miles||283 nm||NE|
|Fortaleza||Sun 9:02 AM||625 km||388 miles||337 nm||N|
|Fernando de Noronha||Sun 10:02 AM||894 km||555 miles||483 nm||NE|
|Brasilia *||Sun 10:02 AM||1257 km||781 miles||679 nm||SW|
|Belém||Sun 9:02 AM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.