Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 12:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 12:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.13 meters/second, 1588.1 km/hour, 986.8 miles/hour or 857.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 26.9"||986.57 mi||West||0° 11' 42.0"||13.40 mi||South||986.38 mi|
|24 hours||13° 24' 37.5"||915.12 mi||East||4° 25' 03.5"||303.65 mi||South||957.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salvador||Sun 9:16 AM||527 km||327 miles||285 nm||SE|
|Maceió||Sun 9:16 AM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||E|
|Fortaleza||Sun 9:16 AM||716 km||445 miles||387 nm||NNE|
|Recife||Sun 9:16 AM||765 km||475 miles||413 nm||E|
|Brasilia *||Sun 10:16 AM||973 km||605 miles||525 nm||SW|
|Belém||Sun 9:16 AM||1158 km||719 miles||625 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 10:16 AM||1508 km||937 miles||814 nm||S|
|São Paulo *||Sun 10:16 AM||1651 km||1026 miles||891 nm||SSW|
|Cayenne||Sun 9:16 AM||1977 km||1229 miles||1068 nm||NW|
|Manaus||Sun 8:16 AM||2142 km||1331 miles||1157 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.