Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 12:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 12:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.08 meters/second, 1587.9 km/hour, 986.7 miles/hour or 857.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 26.1"||986.46 mi||West||0° 11' 41.6"||13.39 mi||South||986.27 mi|
|24 hours||13° 24' 58.1"||915.43 mi||East||4° 24' 48.3"||303.36 mi||South||957.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salvador||Sun 9:26 AM||729 km||453 miles||393 nm||ESE|
|Brasilia *||Sun 10:26 AM||812 km||505 miles||438 nm||SSW|
|Fortaleza||Sun 9:26 AM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||NE|
|Belém||Sun 9:26 AM||1008 km||626 miles||544 nm||NNW|
|Recife||Sun 9:26 AM||1026 km||638 miles||554 nm||E|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 10:26 AM||1499 km||931 miles||809 nm||S|
|Guarulhos *||Sun 10:26 AM||1571 km||976 miles||848 nm||S|
|São Paulo *||Sun 10:26 AM||1583 km||984 miles||855 nm||S|
|Cayenne||Sun 9:26 AM||1834 km||1139 miles||990 nm||NNW|
|Manaus||Sun 8:26 AM||1894 km||1177 miles||1022 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.