Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 12:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 12:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.03 meters/second, 1587.7 km/hour, 986.6 miles/hour or 857.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 25.4"||986.35 mi||West||0° 11' 41.1"||13.39 mi||South||986.16 mi|
|24 hours||13° 25' 18.7"||915.73 mi||East||4° 24' 33.0"||303.07 mi||South||958.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palmas *||Sun 10:36 AM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||WSW|
|São Félix do Xingu||Sun 9:36 AM||679 km||422 miles||366 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia *||Sun 10:36 AM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Sun 9:36 AM||914 km||568 miles||494 nm||NNW|
|Salvador||Sun 9:36 AM||960 km||596 miles||518 nm||ESE|
|Fortaleza||Sun 9:36 AM||1090 km||677 miles||589 nm||NE|
|Recife||Sun 9:36 AM||1289 km||801 miles||696 nm||E|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 10:36 AM||1534 km||953 miles||828 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo *||Sun 10:36 AM||1557 km||967 miles||840 nm||S|
|Manaus||Sun 8:36 AM||1650 km||1026 miles||891 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.