Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 6:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.26 meters/second, 1581.3 km/hour, 982.6 miles/hour or 853.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 56.1"||982.37 mi||West||0° 11' 23.8"||13.06 mi||South||982.16 mi|
|24 hours||13° 37' 21.2"||926.20 mi||East||4° 14' 55.5"||292.07 mi||South||964.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 8:56 AM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Sun 10:26 AM||1602 km||995 miles||865 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sun 8:26 AM||2160 km||1342 miles||1166 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 1:26 PM||2900 km||1802 miles||1566 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 8:26 AM||3243 km||2015 miles||1751 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 8:26 AM||3306 km||2054 miles||1785 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sun 7:26 AM||4299 km||2671 miles||2321 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 8:26 AM||4463 km||2773 miles||2410 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Sun 8:26 AM||4604 km||2861 miles||2486 nm||NW|
|Mexico City||Sun 12:26 PM||4809 km||2988 miles||2597 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.